My main research aims at using artificial intelligence techniques to optimize human learning. In this current era where digital access to knowledge is cheap and user attention is expensive, a number of online applications have been developed for learning. These platforms collect a massive amount of data over various profiles, that can be used to improve learning experience: intelligent tutoring systems can infer what activities worked for different types of students in the past, and apply this knowledge to instruct new students. In order to learn effectively and efficiently, the experience should be adaptive: the sequence of activities should be tailored to the abilities and needs of each learner, in order to keep them stimulated and avoid boredom, confusion and dropout.
Today – Benoit Choffin Personalized educational plans. Joint supervision with Yolaine Bourda.
Today – Julien Hay Social network analysis to enrich and cluster user profiles. Joint supervision with Bich-Liên Doan.
2018 – Hiba Hajri Linked Education for Personalization. Joint supervision with Yolaine Bourda.
2016 – Jill-Jenn Vie Construction et analyse de tests adaptatifs dans un cadre de crowdsourcing – Applications aux MOOC. Joint supervision with Yolaine Bourda and Éric Bruillard.
2015 – Youssef Meguebli Leveraging user-generated-content to Enhance and to Personalize News Recommendation. Joint supervision with Bich-Liên Doan.
2013 – Georges Dubus Transformation de programmes logiques : application à la personnalisation et à la personnification d’agents. Joint supervision with Yolaine Bourda.
2006 – Cédric Jacquiot Modélisation logique et générique des systèmes d’hypermédias adaptatifs. Joint supervision with Chantal Reynaud and Yolaine Bourda.
Program comittees, conference organization
- PC member for AAAI-2019, AAAI-2020
- PC member for IJCAI-ECAI 2018 and IJCAI 2019
- Co-organizer of the WeASeL Workshop eliciting Adaptive Sequences for Learning https://humanlearn.io/,
attached to the ITS conference
- 2019, UWI, Kingston (Jamaica)
- 2018, UQAM, Montréal (Canada).
- PC member for the CiML 2018 workshop at NIPS 2018 and CiML 2019 at NeurIPS 2019
- Reviewer for:
- Information Processing & Management
- Computers in Human Behavior
- Article Editor for:
- Sage Open
- Associate Editor for:
- Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence
2017 – 2020 Projet e-FRAN « Parcours Connectés ».
2014 – 2016 Projet FUI NexpertSanté. This project aims at helping people to get back their sleep through Cognitive and Behaviourist Techniques.
2007 – 2010 Projet ITEA2 LINDO. Large scale distributed indexation of multimedia objects.
2007 – 2009 Projet FUI Medi@tic. Diffusion de médias et de services personnalisés.
2002 – 2004 Projet ANR XEmTeX. Diffusion d’une plateforme de production de textes organisée autour de XEmacs et de TEX .
1989 – 1990 EUROTRA Project. Parallelization of the core engine of the automated translation system.
I had the opportunity to work with or without students on industrial projects with many companies amng which Alsthom, Hutchinson, Hyperpanel, LUSIS, Microsoft, Quadratec, SFR, Thales, Trialog …
Latest topics include:
- online recommendation for a music streaming provider
- classification of curves measured from rock combustion
- fraud detection for credit card transaction system
- risk evaluation with Dempster-Shafer rules
- optimization of electricity consumption through habit pattern detection